Birding Takes Off!
"Birding" or "Birdwatching"
Whatever you call it this is one of the fastest-growing hobbies in the world.
- Whether you prefer the calm delight of seeing wonderful birds in your own backyard,
- or the excitement of traveling to distant places to view exotic creatures;
- Whether you improve your health by using an office birdfeeder to help reduce your stress,
- or use your health to trek the wilderness and climb with the eagles;
- Whether you prefer admiring the lovely feather patterns,
- or sleuthing out hidden nests,
- or trying to get the largest list of personal sightings;
- Birding has something for almost everyone!
If you like to watch birds, below are some resources which might interest you:
- "Field Guides" Printed books to help you ID the birds.
- On-line help in identifying birds.
- N.America, by photo http://gotouring.com/birds/prophotos.html
- N.America, scientific description http://gotouring.com/birds/bird-id-list.html
- How to do it a beginner's guide.
- Local clubs and national groups finding others who share your pleasures.
- Birding "lists" are email discussion groups.
- Conferences and gatherings an easy way to get expert guidance.
- CBC (Christmas Bird Count) is in a class by itself you can advance science by spending a winter day birding!
- Expeditions, field trips, and destinations on your own or with a guide.
Return to TOP of PAGE
This page is located at http://gotouring.com/birds/ and is presented as part of the resources collection of Lois Richter, The Organizer, 530-902-0209. Copyright 2005.